Login or Register
  Register
Notices

Arcade This is your place for talking about games!

New Reply
Cryptum
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-23-09, 11:48 PM
Inactive Member
BWO Operations Sector Firefight Patch Warship Architect Award Author Award BWO Medal of Support Recruitment Officer Medal BWO Advocate, Grade 5 Forum Award BWO Medal of Service Outstanding Activity Medal Distinguished Service Medal Big Red Button Resistee Contest Host Medal Life of the Party True Gamer 
Gamertag: BWO Fireskull
Chats: 5
Last Post Date: 07-05-14

Vidmaster Guide: Endure

Now before you guys say "You don't have endure, why the -blam!-are you posting a guide?" no I do not, but that was not due to failure, it was due to a team member having to leave just before we got it. Check my stats.

This is on Lost Platoon.

Here we go, I decided to write up a guide to help people get their Endure vidmaster achievement, this is what my team did, and at one point we had 20 extra lives going for us.

First thing's First
Each member will have a specific job, they will stick to this job no matter what or the whole thing could easily fall apart.

The warthog peeps
One driver, one gunner, both must be proficient at their jobs. Their job is in itself rather simple, drive in a rough circle around the building taking out the main bulk of the covenant and the choppers dropped off.

Laser Duty
This guy must have the laser/automag and when a drone swarm comes he should switch to laser/smg until they're dead.
His job is to take out the wraiths when they drop, and thin out the grunts and jackals dropped off near him. His position is on the 2nd story of the building towards the main spawn. He can move around that second story, but that edge is usually the best spot. Unless it is the end of the round and he has a shot or two left, he is to save all of his shots for the wraiths. Remember, you have to wait until they're dropped!

Sniper
This guy has his choice of a sniper/whatever combo, and his main duty is to thin out the tougher brutes, and protect the laser carrier. This role is essential in drone waves to protect the laser carrier until he can grab an smg. Very general support role, he also stays on the second story, but has complete mobility according to enemy positions.
Communication

Communication is essential without communication this can fall apart easily. Callout what is dropping where, primarily choppers, wraiths, and hunters/chieftains.

Callouts
There are no official callouts, and you should work them out with your squad pre-game to make sure everyone knows where what is.

General Tips
-Do not go on top of the skylight, it leaves you a sitting duck for phantoms, wraiths, drones, jp brutes, and snipers.
-Watch out for the stray grunt, with catch on even one that you don't notice can kill you pretty quickly.
-There are 3 conventional ways to get up to the 2nd story, the stairs next to the two spawns, and the stairs next to where the warthog spawns.
-Get everyone up to the 2nd story on bonus rounds with automags, you will own and remember, never stay still on bonus rounds. The extra lives are important if you're struggling!
-Brute plasma rifles cut through shields like butter, it's a good weapon to have.
-Watch out for the red shielded "Queen" drones. They have shields and better weapons than the typical drone and are very hard to kill flying.
-When in waves with jp brutes, don't go to the edge were the skylight meets the 2nd story, brutes always go on the skylight, and they can drop down behind you.
-Never try to ram choppers, you will be killed.
-For the laser and support, use your visor to see brute stalkers, save the flame grenades for chieftains and hunters.
-Wraiths drop either on the cliffs or the back right opposite each other. And yes it is possible for 2 to be dropped in one wave.

I hope this helps you get your vidmaster, and I wish you luck!

Quote Reply
DBR
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-23-09, 11:56 PM
Inactive Member
BWO Medal of Support Outstanding Activity Medal BWO Operations Sector BWO Gold Star of Awsumness King of the Arcade BWO Medal of Service Forum Award Distinguished Service Medal Recruitment Officer Medal Avatar Pro Forum Award Profound Service Medal BWO Battlegroupie Renowned Service Medal Extended Service Medal 
Chats: 781
Last Post Date: 07-20-14
nice guide. this will defiantly be useful when i do firefight

Quote Reply
Rhubarb
Veteran
Veteran
09-24-09, 12:18 AM
Veteran
Outstanding Activity Medal BWO Medal of Service BWO Gold Star of Awsumness Recruitment Officer Medal Distinguished Service Medal Pink Pwny True Gamer Recognized Contest Winner Medal Noble Team Medal of Valor Profound Service Medal 
Gamertag: Paysin
Chats: 0
Last Post Date: 06-24-11
We need to play later Fireskull. Nice guide.

Quote Reply
Cryptum
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-24-09, 12:20 AM
Inactive Member
BWO Operations Sector Firefight Patch Warship Architect Award Author Award BWO Medal of Support Recruitment Officer Medal BWO Advocate, Grade 5 Forum Award BWO Medal of Service Outstanding Activity Medal Distinguished Service Medal Big Red Button Resistee Contest Host Medal Life of the Party True Gamer 
I'm going for the actual vidmaster tomorrow round 7 PSTish.

Quote Reply
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-24-09, 05:43 AM
Inactive Member
BWO Operations Sector BWO Medal of Support Outstanding Activity Medal 
Gamertag: oI BlackHawK Io
Last Post Date: 02-01-13
This is exactly what me and my friends are doing! But someone never takes the sniper, they just walk around and kill anything until we free up a chopper with a Hog.

Quote Reply
Aberrant Designs
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-24-09, 06:23 AM
Inactive Member
King of the Arcade BWO Operations Sector Firefight Patch 
Gamertag: CBTrigger
Last Post Date: 05-22-10
Nice guide but I have to disagree with Lost Platoon being an ideal map for the Endure.

Once black eye is turned on, your warthog guys become useless fast as they wouldnt survive more than 1-2 trips around the base. Another reason is that only drones and jump pack brutes will get close range at times, limiting the chances of you recharging your health (black eye = beatdown for health recharge) without having to run out into the open to find a guy to beatdown. Final big issue is spawns. You spawn into rooms without much cover and the covenant seem to travel between both spawns a lot so once you die, you're going to continue dying unless everyone saves you.

Quote Reply
Caustic Carnage
Missing In Action
M.I.A.
M.I.A.
09-24-09, 07:45 AM
M.I.A.
Chats:
Last Post Date: 01-01-70
Ah thank you I shall use this soon.

Quote Reply
Last edited by Caustic Carnage; 09-24-09 at 07:47 AM.
Cryptum
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-24-09, 09:32 AM
Inactive Member
Originally Posted by CBTrigg View Post
Nice guide but I have to disagree with Lost Platoon being an ideal map for the Endure.

Once black eye is turned on, your warthog guys become useless fast as they wouldnt survive more than 1-2 trips around the base. Another reason is that only drones and jump pack brutes will get close range at times, limiting the chances of you recharging your health (black eye = beatdown for health recharge) without having to run out into the open to find a guy to beatdown. Final big issue is spawns. You spawn into rooms without much cover and the covenant seem to travel between both spawns a lot so once you die, you're going to continue dying unless everyone saves you.
Sorry trigg, but no, we didn't have a problem with that. We never got hurt enough to have to, but if you need health you just let a couple grunts get up. Our warthog lasted 2 1/2 sets, and we never had a problem. The spawns are directly next to stairs on each, if the warthog runs through and distracts any covenant that are there for the second it takes you to get to them, there's never a problem.

Quote Reply
AnAgentOfPLUR
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-24-09, 11:10 AM
Inactive Member
Send a message via MSN to Shadow Coyote Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow Coyote
Distinguished Service Medal BWO Operations Sector BWO Battlegroupie Profound Service Medal Battlefield 3 Colonel 
Gamertag: Shadow Coyote
Last Post Date: 05-22-13
This is the last Vidmaster I need. I want it out of the way asap. Thanks for the guide though.

Quote Reply
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-24-09, 04:45 PM
Inactive Member
BWO Operations Sector BWO Medal of Support Distinguished Service Medal 
Gamertag: Not set
Last Post Date: 02-22-11
once again dont have odst but im looking forward to it

Quote Reply
Cryptum
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
09-25-09, 01:43 AM
Inactive Member
Originally Posted by dJ ŋixx View Post
This is the last Vidmaster I need. I want it out of the way asap. Thanks for the guide though.
What map did you get endure on?

Quote Reply
Turnt up
Captain
TL Iron
Captain
10-04-09, 05:55 PM
Captain
BWO Operations Sector Distinguished Service Medal Profound Service Medal Renowned Service Medal 10th Prestige Medal True Gamer BWO Medal of Support Member Of The Month Art Connoisseur Firefight Patch Hail to The King Life of the Party Xbox Live Gamerscore - Bronze Extended Service Medal Forum Award 
Gamertag: BWO Derpy
Chats: 6379
Last Post Date: 09-28-14
Pretty good guide. I'll use it this weekend for my THIRD try for Endure

Quote Reply
ಥ‿ಥ
Veteran
Veteran
10-04-09, 06:11 PM
Veteran
Warship Architect Award Outstanding Activity Medal Author Award BWO Gold Star of Awsumness UNSC Warship Chieftain UNSC Air Fleet Chieftain UNSC Land Fleet Chieftain Distinguished Service Medal Contest Winner Medal Recognized Art Connoisseur Forum Award Renowned Service Medal Profound Service Medal Forum Award Extended Service Medal Xbox Live Gamerscore - Bronze 
Gamertag: iTZxR1C0xSUAVEx
Chats: 8000
Honestly all you need is a guy with a sniper and a laser then 3 chopper guys. It's actually really easy... and if driving isn't your thing, try Alpha Site...

Quote Reply
AnAgentOfPLUR
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
10-04-09, 06:11 PM
Inactive Member
Send a message via MSN to Shadow Coyote Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow Coyote
Distinguished Service Medal BWO Operations Sector BWO Battlegroupie Profound Service Medal Battlefield 3 Colonel 
Gamertag: Shadow Coyote
Last Post Date: 05-22-13
Originally Posted by fireskull View Post
What map did you get endure on?
Alpha Site.

:3

Quote Reply
REVENANTS WITH JETPACKS
Major
TL Iron
Major
10-12-09, 02:19 AM
Major
Outstanding Activity Medal Distinguished Service Medal Profound Service Medal *Top Secret* Forum Award Forum Award Forum Award Forum Award 
Gamertag: ThatHomestar
Chats: 3963
Last Post Date: 09-27-14
Originally Posted by Shadow Coyote View Post
Alpha Site.

:3
As did I, on my first try too

It's incredibly easy up until the 4th Round, because then you have to know which weapons are good against what, like using the SMG on the drones, rockets on chieftains, sniper on hunters, etc

And even then if you have more than 10 lives going into the 4th round, you'll make it if your teammates are competent and know how to play properly

We pretty much had to beatdown the chieftains on Round 4, Set 3, Wave 5 because we had all run out of ammo and were just shooting them with whatever we could grab our hands on, which were just plasma pistols/rifles >.>

But yeah, if I can sum it up, it felt like grinding in an MMO for an hour and a half

Quote Reply
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
10-12-09, 01:28 PM
Inactive Member
Big Red Button Resistee 
Gamertag: vinnyownsu
Last Post Date: 07-24-11
Why can't you just have 3 people in choppers and 1 person on the laser that seems to me it would work a lot better

Quote Reply
Unit Command
Unit Command
10-12-09, 06:38 PM
Unit Command
Renowned Service Medal Extended Service Medal 
Gamertag: BaSs MaStEr127
Chats: 82
Last Post Date: 10-01-14
this should help alot

Quote Reply
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
10-13-09, 04:29 PM
Inactive Member
BWO Operations Sector 
Gamertag: Bigfoot0110
Last Post Date: 03-08-13
Originally Posted by Mr. Jihad View Post
Honestly all you need is a guy with a sniper and a laser then 3 chopper guys.
Until a mob of grunts blocks out the sun with their sticky nades in the direction of the sniper guy.

Quote Reply
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
10-13-09, 08:22 PM
Inactive Member
BWO Operations Sector 
Gamertag: MoNsTeR SHoTZ
Last Post Date: 08-19-14
Alpha Site is so much easier though but still good walk through

Quote Reply
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
05-17-10, 12:33 AM
Inactive Member
Gamertag: Artakha 9000
Last Post Date: 05-17-10
Originally Posted by fireskull View Post
Sorry trigg, but no, we didn't have a problem with that. We never got hurt enough to have to, but if you need health you just let a couple grunts get up. Our warthog lasted 2 1/2 sets, and we never had a problem. The spawns are directly next to stairs on each, if the warthog runs through and distracts any covenant that are there for the second it takes you to get to them, there's never a problem.
I went for endure, and the warthog lasted for about as long as you said, then about the 4th set we just took cover up in the building, killing enemies as they appeared. We made it to the 4th wave of the last round. Almost got into the last wave, too. ...

Quote Reply
Retired
Veteran
Veteran
05-17-10, 07:33 AM
Veteran
BWO Operations Sector BWO Gold Star of Awsumness Distinguished Service Medal Firefight Patch Outstanding Activity Medal Pink Pwny BWO Webmaster BWO Medal of Service Reclaimer Life of the Party Contest Winner Medal Forum Award Profound Service Medal *Top Secret* Renowned Service Medal Extended Service Medal 
Gamertag: ELD Spartan 063
Chats: 290
Originally Posted by Artakha View Post
I went for endure, and the warthog lasted for about as long as you said, then about the 4th set we just took cover up in the building, killing enemies as they appeared. We made it to the 4th wave of the last round. Almost got into the last wave, too. ...
I'm sorry man. I did it on the Alpha Base map, I think. It worked fine for us. It was something like 2.5 hours worth of gameplay until we passed it all. Plenty of fun though lol

Quote Reply
Cryptum
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
05-17-10, 09:58 AM
Inactive Member
Originally Posted by Artakha View Post
That stinks dude and jeaz are you lucky to get a team this late. Most people never want to repeat that ever again.

>>Holy crap old thread<<

Quote Reply
Hard nips
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
05-17-10, 03:35 PM
Lieutenant
King of the Arcade BWO Operations Sector UNSC Air Fleet Chieftain Distinguished Service Medal Avatar Pro Firefight Patch Renowned Service Medal Xbox Live Gamerscore - Bronze Xbox Live Gamerscore - Silver Xbox Live Gamerscore - Gold 
Gamertag: skullchaser
Chats: 3740
Last Post Date: 09-11-14
I still haven't gotten it and its because all anyone ever wants to do is alpha site. I hate that map because its so ****ing small. The guide is good for those who needed it when it was in use.

Quote Reply
New Reply